- Durable polyurethane head for frequent use
- Shaft length helps flatten the swing plane
- 49″ in length, 2.5 lb. head
- Flexible fiberglass shaft teaches lag and helps eliminate early release/casting
- Golf grip with guidelines for proper hand placement
- Head weight improves kinetic sequencing in the swing
- Strengthens core golf muscles
- Great low-impact stretch for pre-round warm-up
- Fits easily in golf bag and is legal to carry on course
Purchase the SKLZ Gold Flex Strength and Tempo Trainer here
Innovation: 7 of 10 – Only because this isn’t the first tempo trainer and because there are similar products, it doesn’t rate higher.
Quality: 9 of 10 – It’s not indestructible but we did our best to test the quality and found out it to be exceptionally well made.
Simplicity: 9 of 10 – After a couple practice swings, any golfer can figure out how it works. No instructions necessary is always a bonus.
Effectiveness: 8 of 10 – Not many products rank high in this category. Although this training aid helps, you also need help in other areas.
Value: 9 of 10 – At $69.99 it’s a bit overpriced and not going to fly off the shelves. At $49.99 it would be more of a must have for golfers of all levels.
Total = 42 of 50
Pros – Simple, durable, provides immediate feedback, works for LH and RH golfers.
Cons – A little long for Juniors, ladies, and shorter golfers. Price point is a bit high. (SKLZ now has a 40″ version available at $59.99)
This training aid is simplistic and simplicity sells. Additionally, it provides immediate feedback and instant results which is not something I can say about many other golf training aids.
If you whip the club back, need help with tempo and or balance the SKLZ Gold Flex Strength and Tempo Trainer is a product you should consider. If used regularly, before during and after practice sessions (and at home), it will promote a smooth swing. The result will be more fairways hit, better ball striking and lower scores.
Like the SKLZ products? See our review of the SKLZ Practice Pod Pro.