As my fellow golfers know, there are endless amount of options when it comes to golf accessories. Go to any golf store and there are over a hundred different types of golf tees, several dozen logo golf towels, club cleaners and other over priced tchotchkes that make promises yet offer little in terms of convenience or game improvement. Very few of these companies manufacturer high quality, convenient and innovative golf accessories. The San Mateo, California based Frogger Golf is a company who does accessories better than the competition.
Who is Frogger Golf – They claim “A bunch of certified golf addicts who are out to better your game (and theirs) with seriously improved golf products.”
FROGGER’s first two products won the PGA Merchandise Show’s Best New Product Award two years running.
Although still a tiny company with only three employees and $2.2 million in annual revenue (2011). Frogger has grown 66.5 percent in the past three years. Started with infomercials on the golf channel and grew into by distributing their products into all the major big box golf retailers.
From 2010 to 2011, Froggers annual revenue decreased slightly because “two of our hottest products began to bell curve from white-hot to good sellers,” said Bohannon, referring to the brush and towel. Frogger is launching two new products expects these items— putting and golf swing training aids will double Frogger’s revenue within the next year. These products will be promoted by Golf Channel infomercials.
Hop Repair Divot Tool and Ball Marker
– In the chaos of car keys, golf tees and breath mints that is your pocket, it’s a wonder you can find anything. With the magnetic HOP, you dont have to worry about losing your ball marker any more. Not only is it magnetic, the marker fit into a small pocket much like a penny in a penny loafer shoe. Some of the features include:
- Ergonomic, high-gloss zinc alloy frame make repairing divots easier.
- Convenient, magnetic ball marker slot securely stores ball marker between rounds.
- The HOP! is designed to be a handy club prop for a second club around the greens. Simply insert forks into ground the U-shaped top props your club above the grass to keep your grips dry.
Frogger BrushPro Club Cleaner – The innovative brush keeps your clubs clean and grooves sharp. With a clean club face, you can put some of the bite back in your backspin. If you want to score like the pros you need to clean your clubs like the pros.
The brush features combo bristles that are tough on dirt and grass yet easy on clubs. What I like best is the retractable groove that looks like a ball point pen. This cleaner will remove the most stubborn debris from grooves while keeping those grooves sharp. Additional features include:
- Combo bristles – Interior bronze and exterior nylon bristles are hard on dirt and grass, but easy on clubs.
- Pin point groove cleaner extends and retracts for safe and effective groove cleaning. No more golf tees here.
- 100% Nylon Brush Head is included is safe for use on painted and forged clubs.
- Retractor with “”snap back”” nylon cord attaches to golf bags.
- Ergonomic comfort-fit handle makes cleaning faster and easier.
- Free Attachable Brush Head Holder
Frogger Amphibian Towel – The Amphibian Towel is double the size of a standard golf towel. So what is so innovative about this towel you ask? It’s multi-functional with a wet interior and dry exterior. So the amphibian towel acts like an umbrella in the rain, providing a dry interior towel for hands and grips and a wet exterior towel for cleaning golf clubs more easily. Instead of cheap plastic hooks this towel includes a carabiner to ensure you never lose your towel. Features include:
- Two 28″ X 14″ towels in one (twice the surface area of a standard golf towel)
- Waterproof interior membrane keeps wet and dry towels separate
- 100% Bamboo terry inside absorbs 3X more water than cotton and dries 3X as fast.
- Bamboo cloth is naturally anti-fungal and anti-microbial
- Plush woven cotton jacquard outside
- Handy pull tabs keep hands dry while opening towel with ease
Frogger Green Monster Bamboo Tees
– In today’s society, there is certainly a big green initiative. Many manufacturers are adopting this theory and Frogger is doing so with bamboo golf tees. What most people don’t know is that bamboo is the world’s fastest growing and most sustainable resources.
According to Frogger, the Green Monsters golf tees are so tough, they last longer. The company claims 50 Green Monsters is like buying over 350 of the leading hardwood tees.
Green Monsters come in standard 3 ¼” and 2 ¾” tee sizes, and in our new 1 1/8” NUBBIES which are perfect for fairway woods and irons off the tee to help reduce resistance at impact. And to make these new small tees easier to find after each shot, we gave them a special, eye-catching, eco-orange finish.
Final Thoughts – I am all about unique products and those that can differentiate themselves from the competition. Frogger Amphibian Towel has done that and they happen to offer quality, competitive pricing and convenience.
A full product line review of each and every product would be so long it would bore you to death. However, a quick recap of their fantastic products might encourage you to buy a couple of these accessories. If nothing else, visit them online at www.froggergolf.com.
Frogger Amphibian Towel has opened my eyes and made me a believer in their products. I am going to keep their items in my bag this golf season and recommend you consider Frogger Amphibian Towel upon your next purchase.